POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Moon and Stars! OR..,What have I.... : Re: Moon and Stars! OR..,What have I.... Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:19:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moon and Stars! OR..,What have I....
From: Jérôme Berger
Date: 1 Sep 2000 04:34:34
Message: <39AF6A19.336E4675@enst.fr>
25ct wrote:

>       Hi Halbert, would you believe that the dark part is a sphere? It's
> made from Spiral1, and has 2,616,100 'arms'!
>   The sphere is scale 9. For some reason, I don't think that it is 'the'
> sphere, I think that the camera is either looking 'inside' it now, or it is
> a 'shadow' of the sphere. Perhaps someone can enlighten me as to what 'has'
> happened?
	My bet is that the camera is inside the sphere. If your lights are
outside then of course they won't light anything and all you'll get is
the ambient light. If you want light sources to do something, you should
either put them inside too or make the sphere shadowless or both.
"hollow" won't change anything unless you want to use fog or media.

--

* Doctor Jekyll had something * mailto:ber### [at] inamecom
* to Hyde...                  * http://www.enst.fr/~jberger